[Reviews - 5]    Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

Author's Chapter Notes: If anything in this chapter confuses, let me know! I’m trying to explain things as best as I can!

*~*~*


2007 ~ Infirmary

Connor Carson Sheppard
Born December 31st at 9:47 p.m.
Mother: Elizabeth Weir
Father: John Sheppard

It was nearly eleven when Carson felt like he could relax even a little bit. He hadn’t factored in delivering a baby on New Years’ Eve. He’d fully intended on tracking down Marie. John, his son, had spotted her in the lot with the new arrivals just a week before and though he’d tried to make it happen, so that he could at least see her when she made her mandatory infirmary visit, he’d missed her. He was determined to meet the woman he’d spend the rest of his life with. He’d heard it on good authority from all four of the Atlantis children (even Lily before she’d been put into stasis) that Marie was a wonderful woman that they all loved. Even the Caldwell twins had mentioned her.

“Doctor Beckett.”

He let out an exhausted sigh. So much for finding Marie in the mess that Atlantis was currently in, he was sure that the news of the expected child and that it only added to the festivities going on all over the Atlantis base. “What is it?” he asked tiredly and then forced a smile up into place, “Haven’t I told you to call me Carson, love?”

Doctor Jennifer Keller smiled, “Yes, but it’s late…and my brain isn’t exactly functionin’ on a first name basis.” She reached out and put a hand on his shoulder. “Why dont’cha go and enjoy the fun?” she suggested.

“I dunno,” Carson said thinking of all the things he should get done. “I should check in on Elizabeth—”

“I just did,” Jennifer told him with a warm smile. “She’s restin’. Connor is doin’ just fine. Colonel Sheppard’s holdin’ him and lookin’ like quite like the proud dad.” She squeezed his shoulder a bit before letting her arm drop back down to her side, “Go on and have a good time. I’ll keep an eye on things… Wilson should be in in just an hour or so…no big deal.”

“Don’t you want to join the festivities?” Carson asked. Jennifer Keller was a younger and newer addition to his staff. She didn’t seem fully confidant, but he felt like she’d get there. He knew that it was hard everyone when they first made it to Atlantis. She just needed to make friends and settle into their little community.

“Another night,” she told him kindly. She knew he’d been looking forward to that night and things weren’t going quite as planned. She’d noticed him asking a lot about Marie Linza and then she’d been able to connect the dots when she’d casually asked Carson’s son about his life in the future. Jennifer could remember him discussing both his mother and father with a bright smile. She was sure that Carson had a mission in mind. She just smiled and walked past the other doctor, “Have a good night.”

*~*~*

2007 ~ Mess Hall


Carson knew he didn’t have much time, he had to find Marie. Once the clock struck midnight, there’d be much more merriment, but he also knew that things would be far too chaotic for him to properly locate her. He pushed through people that he noted looked quite happy, which he noted was good for their health; morale was always something he kept in mind on Atlantis.

“Looking for anyone in particular, Carson?”

He turned his head in the direction of the female voice finding that it had been Doctor Kate Heightmeyer addressing him and she wasn’t alone. She was with Rodney, Aubrey, and his son. He swallowed a bit embarrassed at his mission. It seemed like everyone on Atlantis was being pulled, much like gravity towards the person they were intended for…except him. John and Elizabeth were parents and seemed to be happier than he’d ever seen. Ronan and Teyla were having a baby and they’d discussed some kind of ceremony that he could only think of as the Earth ritual of marriage. And now, now Rodney and Kate seemed to being pulled together. “I, well…Jennifer Keller kinda threw me out of the infirmary…” He thought a second for a good reason why she’d do such a thing. “Something about needing to get out more.”

“She’s over there,” Aubrey spoke up with a kind smile and pointed past Carson to an average sized woman with dark brown hair pulled back.

It was half up in an elaborately twisted bun and then the hair that hung down her shoulders were waving with curls that were weighted down by the length of her hair. She was dressed in casual apparel and was hanging out with a group of women that Carson could only guess were also new to Atlantis as he followed Aubrey’s direction. He caught her face at the glance she looked over at him, she was beautiful. Her skin was a beautiful olive shade and her eyes were big and brown. He immediately looked back to Rodney and Kate when she gave him a wide mouthed smile.

“She’s not scary,” Aubrey pushed.

John rolled his eyes, “Don’t push him, I’m not due for another couple of years…”

“AH! You ruin things when you say stuff like that!” Rodney said.

Kate smirked and tried to hide her amusement. “Rodney, it’s not their fault. It’s true, though. Just…relax,” she told him touching his shoulder lightly.

“He’s was still learning last time I saw him,” Aubrey mentioned giving her father a knowing look. She knew how hard being a part of anything other than his own genius had been. Sharing, especially glory, was not something that he’d easily ever master.

“Thanks,” Rodney mumbled as he crossed his arms over his chest.

“She’s going to love you,” John spoke up reaching out and laying his hand gently on his father’s arm in reassurance. “You’re both so perfect for each other… You’ll see.”

“I hope you’re right, Lad.”

John just gave him a bright smile, “Try and have fun. You’re always in the infirmary. You do deserve a change in scenery every once in a while.”

“You kids have fun, too, you here?” Carson said with a bright smile before making his way through the crowd towards Marie.

John put his arm around Aubrey’s shoulders and pulled her closer to him with a small smile on his face. “We’ll try.”

“Hey,” Rodney said quickly staring at his daughter and Carson’s son too close together for his liking. “Not too much fun!”

Aubrey rolled her eyes and pulled John along with her, “See you later, Dad,” she said. “Have fun, Mom.” She gave her mother a smile before disappearing into the crowd with John Beckett.

“Let them be, Rodney,” Kate scolded lightly.

“But—” Rodney said and then muttered, “She—and he—and…”

“What’s the worse that could happen? Don’t you trust our daughter?” Kate asked keeping her eyes on McKay’s face.

“It’s just…he’s a boy…a teenage boy, at that! They have certain thoughts…”

Kate laughed, “You can’t be seriously worried that Aubrey can’t take care of herself with Carson’s adorably sweet son? He’s so well behaved and kind, Rodney. I can’t believe that you’re nervous that he’d do something to Aubrey.”

“She’s my little girl…” Rodney mumbled.

*~*~*

TBC…


[Reviews - 5]    Printer Chapter or Story