[Reviews - 10]    Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

Author's Chapter Notes: Next chapter is up... it's fairly short but have fun!


Dreaded Day – Part 7 – Homecoming
By Kris Russel


Elizabeth felt like she was dreaming when John, flanked by two Wraith, was materialized from the dart straight onto the landing platform of Atlantis.
He looked fine. Exactly the same as he had a week before. She wanted to go to him and hold him in her arms, just to make sure it was really him and not some hallucination. But she dare not show weakness in front of the Wraith. So instead she greeted him with a nod and a welcome back.
John hid the grin when he rematerialized and saw his home again, he held himself back when Elizabeth, accompanied by two SG teams approached them. He wanted nothing more than to hold her to make sure it was really her, to make sure he was really home. But he held back and simply thanked her for her welcoming words. He saw in her eyes she was thrilled to see him again and he knew that same feeling was reflected in his. It was all they needed right now.
The two Wraith were immediately accompanied to the brig were they would stay until John was cleared for his medical check-up.

“How are you feeling, lad?” Carson asked as John walked into the infirmary.
Two soldiers were by John’s side. He didn’t mind as he knew the safety of Atlantis came first.
“Perfectly fine. Especially since I thought I was dying a week ago.”
“Aye, you all had us worried. We really thought we had lost you this time.”
Carson patted on the bed and John jumped on it.
“Join the club. And imagine my surprise when I woke up, perfectly healthy with a grinning Wraith hovering above me.” John shivered at the memory as he lay down. “But it sure is good to be back home.”
“It’s good to have you back, lad.” Carson said as he readied the scanner. Right now his agreement for handing the retrovirus to the Wraith didn’t seem so bad anymore.

“You have kept your side of the deal. Now it is our turn.” Elizabeth said as she punched in the code to open the prison where the two Wraith were being kept.
“You found out John Sheppard is alive and himself as we promised?” Dave asked.
“We did.” Elizabeth nodded.
At that moment John, Carson and McKay entered the room.
Elizabeth continued. “These gentlemen are Drs. Carson Becket and Rodney McKay. They and a team of scientists will help you to refine the retrovirus. You will be under guard at all times and any attempt to escape your armed guards will be seen as a hostile action. We will shoot without hesitation if something like that happens. ”
“We understand and will comply.” Dave said, never losing that unsettling Wraith grin. “All we are interested in is the retrovirus.”
The door of the cell opened and the two Wraith stepped out, both immediately got a fingerless leather glove shoved over their feeding hand.
John glared at them both. “Taking this off while you are in this city will also be seen as a hostile action. Got it?”
“We understand.” Dave said once more.
“Good. Now move.” John said as he pushed them towards the door. “You’ve got work to do.”

Later that day John finally found himself back in his quarters and the first thing he noticed was how empty they were.
He tapped his communicator.
“Elizabeth, did you know we have a burglar in the city and that he had a lot of fun with my room?”
It stayed quiet on the other side for a few moments.
“Shit, your stuff is still in storage.”
John smiled. It didn’t often happen that he heard Elizabeth curse. He actually quite liked it.
“Dr. Weir, watch your language.” He said playfully.
Hearing her sigh at his remark made him smile even more.
“Sorry, but the SGC told us to clean out your room in case they would send a replacement one day.”
“Us?”
“Errr... yeah... Carson, Rodney, Teyla, Ronon and me.”
“Oh nice.”
“That’s not all.” She carefully admitted.
“What else could there be?” John sighed overly exasperated.
“We all took a personal memento to remember you by.”
John stayed quiet for a few moments, not sure how to react to that. He knew the best friends he ever had walked around in this city, but he was sincerely touched that they kept a memento of him.
Elizabeth took the silence the wrong way and began apologizing, saying she would tell the others to get his stuff back to him as soon as possible. He quickly hushed her.
“No, it’s ok. Really, take your time. You guys have more important things to do then bring my stuff back right now. I’ll go get my other things from storage and I’ll see when I get the rest back.”
“But...” Elizabeth began.
John quickly interrupted her again. “No, Elizabeth, it’s ok. Really. Don’t worry about it.” He quickly closed the connection and sat down on his bed. Tears started forming in his eyes and he couldn’t hold his emotions in check anymore.
He was home. Back with his friends, his family, his Elizabeth. He was home. He started crying and laughing at the same time. He was home!

TBC


Chapter End Notes: Thanks for reading. Reviews are very much appreciated!

[Reviews - 10]    Printer Chapter or Story