[Reviews - 7]    Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

Story Notes: Unfortunately I erased chapters 1-11 and erased all of your great reviews, so my apologies to those who left them. Thanks for your patience and here comes the Journal Of A Mad Woman
Author's Chapter Notes: Elizabeth decides she needs to do something to keep herself sane.


Chapter 1 - Naming It



Elizabeth looked at the journal on her desk and thought about how silly it was for her to be keeping a journal. She chuckled and put it in a drawer of her desk only to return later that night and retrieve it so she could take it to her room.


It took her several days to finally get up the courage to open the journal and make her first entry. She sat there pondering if she should name her journal, or if she should just write in it periodically or every day. Elizabeth stood up and paced about her room several times trying to come up with an answer. She suddenly laughed because the title of what she would name her journal suddenly came to mind. It was perfect so when she read her journal in the future she could say the title covered it all and she wouldn’t have to justify anything with that title. Elizabeth opened the journal to the first page and in her best handwriting she wrote out the title.


“Journal of a Mad Woman”.


Laughing at her title she opened the journal to the next page and started writing about the first few days of their expedition. She stopped writing and realized that her journal was pretty much reading like a synopsis of her report she would make to a superior and not the ranting of a ‘Mad Woman’.


Maybe on another entry she would let her madness show through which she knew was just another way of saying she would let her emotional side come through. With no real hope as to whether or not they would ever be able to contact Earth she figured there would plenty of journal entries in the future that would reflect her madness.


She put her journal down and looked over at the clock, ‘oh crap’ she thought as she saw how late it was. If she was lucky she would get a few hours of sleep before getting up to shower and grab a cup of coffee before her first morning meeting. As she lay in her bed she went to sleep with the thoughts that things will get easier in time, or at least that was what she was hoping for.



-tbc


[Reviews - 7]    Printer Chapter or Story