[Reviews - 6]    Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

Author's Chapter Notes: After the briefing scene & then after the episode ended


After the briefing

John was pissed. First, they had been kicked out of Atlantis after over 2 years. Then, he hadn’t seen Elizabeth in six weeks. And now, he couldn’t even spend the night with her because the Replicators had nothing better to do than attack Atlantis. And of course, they weren’t allowed to rescue General O’Neill and Woolsey. So, no Atlantis, no sex, no rescue. Things looked pretty bad right now, and if another bad thing happened now, he’d inflict serious bodily harm on somebody. Preferably a Replicator.

What was it with these damn machines anyway? From what he’d read in the reports, SG-1 had had nothing but trouble with them, they had to help the Asgard, then one of them had fallen in love with Colonel Carter, and captured her while they were saving General O’Neill’s life – again. And of course, they had almost killed Elizabeth and played their damn mind games on her.
Enough reasons for him to destroy them forever.

Well, they’d find a way to get the General and Woolsey out of it. After all, in some way O’Neill was responsible for him and Elizabeth meeting, and that was definitely something he was grateful for. And, O’Neill was probably, beside Colonel Carter, one of the few people who’d understand the situation he and Elizabeth were in. Yet another cliché. Subordinate falling in love with his/her Superior. God, he hated clichés. But somehow it had been impossible for him not to fall in love with Elizabeth. It was just everything about her that made him love her. Even her weaknesses were adorable – at least to him.

And of course, the General was a very high ranking officer in the Air Force, and had saved earth many times, putting his own life in danger while doing so. He didn’t deserve to die like this. Okay, if Earth had been destroyed, he’d probably be killed too, but it was the thought that counted, wasn’t it? And nobody deserved a death like that.



Takes place right after Episode 3.11 “The Return 2” ended

John walked up the stairs from the Gateroom to Elizabeth’s office, encountering General O’Neill on his way. If you didn’t know who he was, you’d never guess that he was in fact a two-star General of the USAF. John had learned early that he hated Dress Blues, and still wore his beloved BDUs whenever it was possible. The other thing John had realized, was that General Jonathan O’Neill was nothing like other Generals. He was a great leader, did his job properly, and good. But although he was such a big wig, he never wanted to be treated any different than the lower ranking officers.

“General! Leaving already?” John asked, grinning at the older man. He always got the feeling he had to salute him every time he saw him; he just had this aura of authority around him.

“Yeah, girlfriend is getting impatient. Haven’t seen each other in a while and strangely as it is, she gets kinda worried when I’m stranded in galaxy far, far away with Replicators all over the place. And I gotta admit that I’d like to see her from time to time.” Jack said, only half joking.

“Well then, have fun. And say hello to Colonel Carter for me, hope she’s alright.”

John saluted sharply. “Goodbye Sir”

Jack returned it with one of his own, then shaking Sheppard’s hand. “Will do. Goodbye Colonel. Good Luck with these Wraith-Fellas!”

O’Neill walked down the last stairs, going towards the gate there the other people waited for the beam up onto the Daedalus.

John turned around, only to see the white light envelop the crowd and then nothing.

Whistling to himself, he knocked on the door of Elizabeth’s office, seeing her standing inside through the glass walls. Sometimes he wished they weren’t made out of glass, it would make it so much easier for them to play out some of his “ideas”. But since they were, and neither Elizabeth nor he cared much for an audience, this had to wait. At least until she got curtains.

“Elizabeth?”

She turned around, clearly happy to see him.

“John!”

He stepped closer, not too close though, there again the glass wall issue.

“So, how ya doing?” he said casually, looking around. It looked completely different. 6 weeks ago, there had been so many things around here, knick knacks from different cultures she’d been to, plants, books and of course her desk with the ever present Laptop, and reports.

“Well, I’m actually trying to remember how everything was so I can start working as soon as possible. I thought we’d never come back, so I didn’t pay much attention on where all my stuff was. But I liked the way it was, so I want to put it all back like that again.”

She smiled at him, seeming to be almost glowing at that moment. Atlantis meant so much to her, and she was obviously more than happy to be back again.

“Hm, can’t help you with that. But I’m sure it’ll look great no matter how you put it, if you do it it has to be beautiful.” he said, grinning smugly because he had come up with such a catchy line.

“Oh, how cheesy. Is there something you want from me?” She replied in a sarcastic tone and an overly sweet smile of her own.

He faked a hurt look.

“What? Can’t I say something nice to you without wanting something in return?”

Elizabeth laughed softly. He could be such a boy sometimes. Absolutely adorable. He often seemed to be much younger than her, although they were the same age, he even a few months older. Had to have something to do with how they acted. She, always professional, usually very serious, he in contrast often fooling around in a childlike manner, rarely taken things seriously, only when it was important. He had loosened her up a little, she figured. She wasn’t as tense as she used to be, decided on impulse more often, didn’t think too much about things anymore, but with her responsibility in the back of her mind at all times.

He on the opposite had gotten a bit more serious maybe even a bit calmer. Not too much, but he had definitely changed too. They were good together, both bringing different qualities into their relationship – both the working and the private.

“Oh you can. But you don’t do it so often.”

John muttered something about women and their way of thinking about men, before he stepped behind her and began to lightly massage her neck.

“You’re so tense again. Don’t you want to go to bed, sleep, maybe an extended massage before?”

She chuckled, leaning into his touch.

“But you didn’t have any other intentions, huh?”


[Reviews - 6]    Printer Chapter or Story