[Reviews - 2]    Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +


Just before they got into the waiting vehicle the guards un-cuffed their hands. John turned to Elizabeth “we will get out of this Elizabeth. I promise”
“I know we will John.” That was all she could say to that.

On the way to their drop point the troops led by Sgt Yanis Long were introduced to their new colleagues, John looked at these young men he thought to himself they must have a combined age of 60 years if not less.
The driver called back to his passengers “eta 10 minutes to our drop zone. Colonel Sheppard the General wants to speak to you” he handed Sheppard the radio.
“Go ahead General” Sheppard’s face dropped when he heard what the General had to say.
Elizabeth couldn’t hear what was being said over the static “John what did he say?” she had to hit him on the shoulder to get him to respond, he finally turned to her.
“He said there’s no point in us trying to escape they put tracking devices in the back of our necks, and he’s said he is sorry for what he has brought us into.” He rubbed the back of his neck whilst he told her this.

Elizabeth couldn’t come with an appropriate response to this she looked down at her watch “hey John look were nearly 3 hours over due, Teyla’s gonna figure something is wrong, but in the mean time I guess we have to do what we can to survive this.”
John just looked and smiled at her; he couldn’t believe those words then just came from her.

Teyla had just returned from they mainland and was on her way up to the control room. She could already hear Rodney shouting at some random techie.
“Rodney what is it?”
“Well Teyla, they are now 3 hours overdue. Something is definitely going wrong out there”
Ronon was making his way up the stairs. “Hey McKay! Do you think you could shout any louder? ”
“Oh I'm sorry Conan” Rodney shouted sarcastically “but am I the only one who thinks something bad is happening with them?”

“Listen Rodney” Teyla tried to keep her voice clam with him. “I believe we should wait until they are 4 hours over due then we should make contact with the planet to see what happened” this seemed to calm Rodney down somewhat “are you ok with this Dr McKay?”
Rodney nodded to her and then walked out of the control room. Ronon turned to Teyla “hey how do you do that? I mean you know calm him down”
Teyla just laughed “with a lot of practice that’s all I can say”

As soon as John and Elizabeth's vehicle pulled up they were immediately under attack from the enemy they along with Sgt Long were the only ones who managed to managed to get out of the vehicle before it was hit by a shell the other 3 troops were unconscious “shit we gotta move it, the bomb hasn’t blown yet” John called out to the Sgt.
“but my men they are still in there!” shouted the Sgt he was still trying to get to his feet.
John could tell he wasn’t going to move unless they made him. Elizabeth ran over she looked at the vehicle the engine was on fire from a fuel leak. The flames were getting hotter, she grabbed Yanis by the arm “come on we can’t save them”

just as they got Yanis to his feet the shell exploded in the humvee the blast sent all 3 survivors flying in different directions.

It was coming up on the new imposed 4 hour deadline, Rodney was poised by the Atlantis DHD he was just about to dial up maniaka when the DHD started to glow
“in coming world hole” shouted one of the gate techs.
A voice came over the speakers
“ATLANTIS THIS IS CHANCELLOR SCHMIDT OF MANIAKA. WE ARE UNDER ATTACK BY OUR ENEMIES DR WEIR AND COLONEL SHEPPARD HAVE BEEN SENT OUT TO DEFEND ONE OF THE HOT ZONES, THE TRACKING DEVICES WE PUT IN THEM ARE SHOWING THEY BOTH NEED MEDICAL ATTENTION.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!”
Rodney watched the live feed from maniaka and started talking back to the chancellor.
“Chancellor this is Rodney McKay. Why did you send them out there to fight?”

Rodney got his answer quickly.
“WE HAD NO CHOICE WE TRIED TO USE THEIR GIFTS TO HELP US WIN THE FIGHT.”
“Hang on what gifts chancellor?”
“THE COLONELS ANCESTRIAL GENE AND DR WEIR HAS THE HEALING MACHINES”
“wait chancellor the machines in Dr Weir are dormant they can’t help her if she gets hurt and Sheppard’s gene wont help him much either.”
“PLEASE HELP US WE WILL EXPLAIN HOW THIS HAPPENED MUCH BETTER IN PERSON.”
After that the gate disengaged.

Rodney rushed out of the control room he shouted at a techie to call Teyla, Ronon and Lornes team get them to meet in the briefing room.
As if he forgot something he came bounding back up the stairs “oh and you had better get Carson to sort out a med team”
It took the technician a second longer to execute his orders than he liked so he shouted. “I'm sure Elizabeth and Sheppard wont mind waiting till you get your head out of your ass and do as I say will they?”
The technician could understand Rodney was mad but so was everyone else. “I’m sorting it out right now sir.”


[Reviews - 2]    Printer Chapter or Story