[Reviews - 12]    Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +


Chapter 33

It had been several days since Kolya’s arrival and the commander had already taken to following Teyla around. It was more obvious than ever how much he wanted to get his hands on her and she was determined to make sure that didn’t happen. She and Ronon had spent their nights separately since he had arrived. Their nightly meetings had proved to be harder to give up than she’d thought they would be.

She was just picking up her gym bag after her sparing session with Ronon, it was the most physical contact she got to have with him and she revelled in it. Teyla however was expected in the infirmary for some scans. The doctor wanted to find out if her mental connection to the cloud was having any side effects. It wasn’t as though he particularly cared if Teyla was suffering but firstly, he was a doctor and secondly, he was a curious doctor.

“Damn it, I’m already late,” Teyla stated when she saw the time “I’m not even gonna have time for a shower,” she added resisting the urge to make a face at the thought. She’d have to go to the appointment sweaty, if Dr Greaves didn’t like it he’d just have to get over it.

“You’d better hurry then,” Ronon told her with a smile; it was well known that Dr Greaves was far from the nicest and most patient doctor. Ronon reached for the strap of her gym bag and pulled it off her shoulder, his hand brushed along the skin of her arm as he took it. “I’ll take this to your room for you.”

“You sure?” she questioned.

“Yeah, it’s on the way to mine anyway,” he told her and she smiled gratefully.

“What would I do without you?” she questioned humorously.

“Get in more trouble than you already do, now go,” he instructed clearly trying not to look as amused as he was. Teyla smiled again and the two parted ways heading in opposite directions. Once they were gone Kolya stepped out from the corner he had been hiding behind.

“Well that was interesting,” he said to himself having witnessed their entire exchange “Very interesting.”


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I dare you to say that again,” Teyla challenged Kolya, normally without Ronon there she would be a little more reserved around the commander but she was already in a bad enough mood.

“I suspect you had something to do with the attempt on Commander Kale’s life, perhaps you’re working with the Alliance,” Kolya repeated his exact words and Teyla had to restrain herself from hitting the man. The last person who had accused her of exactly that hadn’t come out of it so well but he’d been a cocky Colonel not a Vernai Commander, so this time she kept her fists to herself.

“Understand this, I do not work for the Alliance,” she told him venomously before turning and walking away. She headed immediately for her quarters and practically tossed herself onto her bed in frustration.

Kolya had only been here for a week and he was already driving her insane. She’d had more than enough of him the first day he’d arrived and he was slowly driving her into doing something she’d probably regret. She quickly got bored of staring at her ceiling and sat up. She was way too wired to read or to sleep despite the fact that it was getting late.

She stood up abruptly and walked out of her quarters, she didn’t even know where she was going until she got there. She pressed the small button beside the door and waited the few seconds it took for them to slide open. Ronon looked surprised to see her standing there but she didn’t give him time to question or protest her presence.

If she’d thought about it she would have realised her actions were rather risky but she was developing a knack for getting herself in trouble. She crushed her lips against his as her arms went around his neck. She could tell she had once again surprised him in the way he hesitated before kissing her back. His reluctance only lasted a second though before his arms went around her and he pulled her backwards into his quarters.

A moment later her back slammed into the wall as a weeks worth of frustration began venting itself. His tongue demanded entry and she willingly granted it as her hands removed his top. They parted only long enough for her to remove his shirt and him to remove hers.

His hands went to her thighs encouraging her to wrap them around his waist. She did so and he carried her across the room dropping her onto the bed and landing on top of her. His body grinding into hers only served to increase her urgency; it was frightening how much she needed this.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John resisted the urge to sigh knowing that it would probably do more harm than good. He also knew that the entire ship could probably hear them at that moment and he was surprised no one had come to investigate, however this was becoming a frequent occurrence now.

“Elizabeth, everyone’s exhausted, we need a break, just for a day,” he told her but she still wasn’t letting up.

“And if the cloud decides to attack whilst we’re all taking a break then thousands of people are going to die,” she shouted. This was the sixth time in the last week they’d argued over something and it was always her who started it. It seemed as though she was just looking for reasons to argue with him.

“I get that but if we’re all too exhausted then we’ll be no good to anybody. You know how much using your power takes out of you. If you don’t take a break then you’re not going to be able to help anyone,” he replied raising his voice only slightly but that seemed to be the wrong thing to say.

“You think the only way I can help people is by using my powers?” she questioned bitterly and John finally raised his voice to meet hers.

“Stop twisting everything I’m saying,” he shouted angrily “You know that’s not what I mean. Now we’re going to be stopping on Vralis tomorrow morning and we’ll be staying there all day, end of discussion.” He finished before turning and walking out of the eating area toward the bridge.

He kicked one of the control stations in frustration before taking a deep breath to calm himself. He knew he shouldn’t have shouted but the endless arguing was starting to drive him insane. Ever since he’d kissed her they’d been fighting and it was really beginning to frustrate him.

Marcus walked onto the bridge a moment later and glanced at the control station he’d kicked, probably checking it for damage. He sat down in one of the empty chairs and turned to look at John silently. “You’re gonna have to do something,” he finally stated.

“I know,” John replied sharply still fuming from the argument.

“I’m serious, you can’t go on like this, it driving the rest of us mad never mind you two,” Marcus continued.

“You think I wanna fight with her every single day, she keeps finding a reason to start an argument and no matter what she has to turns it into a shouting match,” John stated in exasperation. They were all wound way too tight; they’d been stuck onboard the ship for over a week and hadn’t had a break in over a month. Their stop tomorrow would do them all some good, especially Elizabeth, if she stopped being difficult for ten seconds.

“You need to sit down and talk to her and stop rising to the bait, for whatever reason she wants you to get mad at her and you keep falling for it,” Marcus told him and John nodded slowly as realisation hit him. Their pointless arguments didn’t seem so pointless anymore, at least for her they weren’t pointless, there was a reason why she was causing them and suddenly that reason couldn’t be clearer.

“I’ll talk to her tomorrow when we’ve both had a chance to calm down,” he said as he stood up and left the bridge.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vralis was a beautiful planet, it had two suns and the weather was always beautiful. It generally only rained at night which left the days warm and sunny. John moved through the market place, first things first they had to get some supplies. Laura was with Carson getting medical supplies, Marcus was taking Rodney to get his technical stuff and John had dragged Elizabeth off the ship to get food.

They’d managed to get some good deals and everything was being charged to the Alliance so they felt no guilt whatsoever about buying more than was necessary. They arrived back at the ship and had the transport service they’d hired load up all of their newly acquired food into the cargo bay. Marcus and Rodney were already there helping to carry the last of their own shopping aboard. Well, Marcus was helping, Rodney was just telling everyone to be careful with his stuff.

Laura and Carson returned carrying all of their medical supplies themselves since there wasn’t as much of it. It was just after midday when they finally had everything loaded up in the cargo bay.

“The rest of the day is yours to do with as you please,” John informed them and Marcus stepped up and clapped his arm over John’s shoulder.

“Alright, I saw a particularly great bar in this direction,” Marcus informed him guiding John in the direction he’d gestured. He grabbed the sleeve of Carson’s jacket with his free hand and pulled the doctor along with them. “Come on Rodney,” Marcus shouted and the four men headed off into the crowd leaving Elizabeth and Laura alone.

“I guess that means we get to go shopping,” the blonde stated as she linked arms with Elizabeth.

Elizabeth for her part was in no mood to shop but there was no sense taking it out on Laura. She followed the blonde around from stall to stall as Laura bought herself some new clothes and for some reason new weapons as well. Elizabeth only bought the occasional thing to stop Laura from nagging her.

The afternoon passed quickly and Elizabeth and Laura found themselves outside the doors to one of the local bars having dropped off their shopping at the ship. “Marcus was telling me about this place earlier so I’m guessing this is where he dragged the boys to,” Laura stated as she pushed the doors open.

The bar was fairly large and surprisingly clean, the tables were almost all full of men with a few women scattered around as well. The bar ran along one entire wall and at the opposite side was a stage where half naked women were dancing. The vast majority of the bar’s patrons seemed to be drunk and they had to push away a few roaming appendages as they made their way through the room.

“I hope they’re not all drunk,” Elizabeth stated knowing the men had been in here all afternoon.

“Don’t worry, Carson, John and Marcus aren’t stupid enough to get drunk whilst on a mission, however Rodney is another story,” Laura informed her as they spotted their friends sitting at the bar. Marcus, John and Carson all had drinks in front of them but seemed to be sober. Rodney however was stood to the side of them swaying slightly.

“Rodney sit back down before you hurt yourself,” they heard John say as they approached. Marcus and Carson were happily turned around in their seats watching the show on the stage behind them. Laura smacked Carson over the back of the head as she moved to stand between him and Marcus.

“Eyes front you,” she ordered him and Elizabeth heard John and Marcus smirk as Carson was forced to turn around.

“Take it you had fun shopping,” John commented with a quick glance at Elizabeth, he saw no reason to aggravate her in public.

“Oh we had a blast,” Laura stated “Shopping is so much more fun when you’re charging everything to the Alliance.”

“Tell me you didn’t” John said, the Alliance account they’d been given access to was only to be used for stuff relating to the mission, not a clothes shopping spree.

“Of course I didn’t,” Laura replied “I only charged a few of the weapons I bought to them.

Elizabeth watched the exchange determined not to show her amusement when John dropped his forehead against the top of the bar. Laura just smiled innocently and ordered herself and Elizabeth a drink. An hour later and Elizabeth had barely touched it and she didn’t fail to notice that John had barely touched his since her arrival either.

Rodney stood up from his bar stool again; he was even more drunk than when she’d got there an hour ago. He promptly fell on his ass and just sat there on the floor probably wondering why.

“Okay,” John said as he stood up and pulled Rodney off the floor by his arm.

“Don’t you man handle me,” Rodney said shrugging him off.

“I think we ought to get you back to the ship,” John told him and Rodney looked like someone had just told he should suck on a lemon.

“I don’t want to,” Rodney protested and tried to step back away from John only to trip over the leg of the bar stool he’d previously been sitting on.

“I know you don’t want to,” John said as he once again pulled his friend off the floor.

“I can handle my drink thank you,” Rodney slurred.

“I know you can,” John placated “But there are some things on the ship that need to be fixed.”

“Oh and as usual you want me to do it,” Rodney complained as John guided him toward the exit.

“We’ll meet you back at the ship,” Marcus called and Elizabeth decided to follow John and Rodney. They made it out of the bar and John quickly had to pull Rodney out of the way of the pole he was about to walk into. They made their way through the streets and when John turned left Rodney tried to keep going forward.

“This way Rodney,” John instructed patiently as he tugged Rodney in the right direction. Elizabeth followed a few steps behind them the entire way and when they got back to the ship she went immediately to her room and collapsed onto her bed. She was tired and she’d really had enough of everything now, she just wanted it to be over. Maybe John had been right and the last couple of months stuck on this ship, going from one cloud attack to the next, was taking its toll on them all.

Taking a day off from it, even though she’d refused to enjoy it had done her some good. She just hoped it had done the others good as well though she was sure Rodney was going to have a killer headache tomorrow morning. She wasn’t looking forward to that, Rodney could be irritable on a good day and she dreaded to think what he would be like with a hangover.

TBC


[Reviews - 12]    Printer Chapter or Story