[Reviews - 1]    Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +


A/N I like Peter Grodin so as far as I am concerned he never died.

Chapter 3

As Elizabeth watched as John and Isabelle left Atlantis she felt a shiver of fear run down her spine.

"Don't be silly Liz nothing's going to happen to him."

Although that was what her head kept telling her her heart didn't agree. When she entered her office she saw a folded page on her desk with her name on it, she recognised the writing immediately. John must have left it there before he left. She unfolded the page and read it slowly.


Beth,
Please don't be mad at me but I made an appointment for you with Kate for today at 14:00 hours. I know you said that the dream you had last night hasn't affected you and that it was just a dream but I don't believe you Beth. This morning you were so different, so closed off that it scared me. Please just talk to Kate, if she says its nothing and that it was just a dream then I'll let it go.
Love,
John


Elizabeth reread the note again and then once more she wasn't sure whether she wanted to hurt John or kill him. On the one hand she was thinking,

"He's right that was more than just a dream."

While on the other hand she was also thinking,

"How dare he do something like this without consulting me first!"

Unfortunately Elizabeth didn't have much time to consider her husbands actions as she had a meeting with Sam and Rodney to attend.

-------------------------------------

Three hours later Elizabeth left Sam's lab and headed for the mess hall. She was used to long science debriefs but that one seemed to last forever. She was about to enter the transporter when she heard someone call her.

"Elizabeth, wait up."

She turned and saw Sam running down the hall after her. Elizabeth couldn't help but smile, in the few years that Sam had been on Atlantis the two had become, without sounding childish, best friends.

"You heading for some lunch?" Sam asked when she reached her.

"Yeah care to join me?" Elizabeth said as she entered the transporter.

"Only if you promise not to hog all the blue jello." Sam said with a laugh.

Lunch was nice, the two friends talked about what was happening in their lives both profesional and personal and soon the topic of conversation found its way to Elizabeth's dream.

"I used to have those dreams about Jack all the time," Sam said wanting to reasure her friend. It was true, she couldn't remember how many times she had dreamt of putting her husband's, then CO's, body into the ground. She saw the fear in Elizabeth's eyes and knew that John was right about her needing to see Kate.

"I usually had them before big missions or when Jack would get injured. But Liz you have to remember it was only a dream. John isn't going anywhere"

Elizabeth knew she was right but still the fear remained.

"Maybe talking to Kate will help," She said as she sipped her coffee. "Yes Kate will tell me it was just a dream and then I'll be fine."

Although Elizabeth smiled and sounded confident in her words Sam knew she didn't mean them.

-------------------------------------------------

At five past three Elizabeth entered the control room. Her meeting with Kate didn't go as well as she thought it would. Instead of saying that it was just a dream and putting Elizabeth's mind at ease, Kate just made her more upset and worried over what might happen to her husband. She was so worried that once their session was over she headed straight to the control room to see if John had checked in on time.

"Peter did Colonel Sheppard check in at 14:30 like he was supposed to?"

Peter looked up at the woman who was their leader and saw a look in her eyes that she only ever saw when SGA-1 was away on what they knew was a dangerous mission.

"Yes Doctor, he said to tell you that all is well and that Jinto was going to take himself and Isabelle to see a cave that they thought we might be interested in."

Peter saw Elizabeth relax when she heard all was well.

"I'd like to talk to him, could you connect me through please?" Elizabeth asked. She knew that she sounded needy and while knowing that John had called in had helped her relax she wanted to hear his voice and Isabelle's.

"Certainly."

Peter punched in a code and nodded to her to begin when ready.

"Colonel Sheppard this is Atlantis, please respond." Elizabeth said wanting to sound at least someway responsible.

When no answer came back she looked to Peter. He simply shrugged his shoulders. Everything was working ok Colonel Sheppard should have been able to hear them.

"John this is Elizabeth, please respond!"

Elizabeth could hear the fear in her own voice and felt her pulse quicken. What she heard next caused a shiver to run down her spine and the whole of the gateroom to fall silent. It was a blood curtling scream.

"MOMMY!!!"

TBC


[Reviews - 1]    Printer Chapter or Story