[Reviews - 5]    Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +


The rest of the day flew past quickly. He landed on the Hive. He met up with his team, who was as shocked to see him as he was them. Ronan died and came back to life. Their mission was a success, and the Hive ship exploded. Carson piloted the City through the atmosphere to the watery surface below of their home world, with Atlantis eventually being maneuvered to a quarantined area just outside of San Francisco Bay.

And he was now the proud father of a healthy baby boy with his hair.

Yep. Just another normal day in Atlantis.

John sat back in one of the chairs in the infirmary, holding Jack in his arms as Elizabeth ate a small dinner in the chair next to him. After being on bed rest, her legs were begging for exercise and she finally granted their wish as she walked around the room a little, trying to work the kinks out of her calves. She tried to stay out of the bed as much as she could, but with sundown approaching she let out a groan and pushed the tray away.

Wisps of hair were framing her face, giving her an angelic glow as she slowly raised her head, returning her husband's look of admiration. "What?" she asked coyly.

He cocked his head and gave her a look of amusement. "I'm just thinking about the day we've had. Quite eventful, wasn't it?"

"Hmm. We'll certainly have an interesting story to tell Jack about the circumstances of his birth," she murmured as she stood from her seat, stretching out her back.

John smirked as his hazel eyes were drawn once again to the sleeping baby in his arms. "You know," he began, tightening his hold on his son, "we never really talked about where we wanted to raise our family."

Elizabeth looked over at him as she walked up to the bed. "I didn't know we needed to. The idea of Atlantis coming to Earth wasn't even considered until just a few days ago."

He nodded in agreement. "Yeah, I know. But, now that we're here … do you want to leave Atlantis? Raise Jack on Earth?"

Elizabeth frowned as she laid back in the bed, but it didn't look like she was giving the issue much thought. It startled John; he had broached the subject to keep an open mind, not because he wanted to leave the City. He was hoping she would say no.

"I want to raise our son at home." She raised her green eyes to him, a neutral expression covering her face. He had seen that face often, usually while she was negotiating with other worlds, and it made John nervously lick his lips until her own stretched in a smile. "And Atlantis is our home, no matter which galaxy we're in."

"So you don't wanna leave?" he blurted a little too quickly, causing his wife to laugh.

"No! Not by any means. We came here five years ago to find the lost city of Atlantis and explore the galaxy. We've still got work to do," she firmly concluded, settling back against her pillows as she pulled the sheets up to her waist.

John smiled, then stood from his chair and softly walked over to her. "Good," he agreed wholeheartedly, sitting down on the left edge of the bed.

Elizabeth smiled and made a silly face as she reached for their son. "Hey, there's that pretty boy," she softly whispered to him as John transferred the sleeping bundle into her arms. She looked up at him and winked. "Both of them."

John chuckled and leaned in, gently brushing his lips against hers as Jack woke up, letting out a small mewl and shaking a fist slowly.

"Hey, you're hungry too, aren't ya?" John asked his son as he gently ran a finger over his cheek.

Elizabeth grimaced. "You're going to enjoy this way too much."

"I'm a man!" he weakly replied in his defense.

As she shook her head, she noticed a shadow by the doorway. "Hey, guys. How's everybody doing?" Jennifer Keller asked, as Rodney, Carson, Ronan, and Teyla stood behind her.

John glanced down at his wife, who smiled brightly back at him as she shifted in her seat. He even swore that Jack smiled, even though he promptly frowned and started burrowing into his soft blue cotton blanket.

His hazel eyes danced as he glanced back to the group, a proud grin on his face.

"Everybody's fine."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE END.


Chapter End Notes: Thank you all so much for reading! Feel free to check out my sequels: "Bedtime Stories" and "Lantean Cetaceans".

Hope you enjoyed it!

[Reviews - 5]    Printer Chapter or Story