[Reviews - 22]    Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

Author's Chapter Notes: Wow, my last update was longer than I realised. Sorry about that; back to school and tonnes of work. I actually have 10 pieces (I’m doing 5 subjects but I still manage to get 10!) of work to do so this chapter is kind of short. More on that at the bottom though…for now, enjoy!


Oran turned to greet the Chief.

'Sir, we are making good progress; the new personality is swiftly overwriting his. We predict an hour until we can send him to the working grounds'

The Chief let out a quiet chuckle as he thought of what lay ahead for the good doctor Weir.

'Excellent Oran, report to the council when you are finished. They wish to repay you for you brilliant mind'

Oran smiled and bowed his head respectively as the Chief walked out of the room. He then turned back towards the man lying on the bed behind him.

'John Sheppard' he sneered. 'Just wait and see what I have in store for you' he said as he picked up a needle from a nearby tray. He was stopped, however, by a hand on his arm.

'Sir, with all do respect do you think that's wise? He may regain control…not to mention you haven't even told the council!'

Oran sighed at his young assistant.

'How many times have I told you? He won't be able to regain any control, he is just going to be a presence within…just to observe. And I believe the council will be quite pleased that it won't just be Doctor Weir suffering'.

Oran smiled to himself as he pulled away from his assistant and began to prep the needle. His assistant just stood there whilst silently protesting. He knew it was a bad idea but he also knew better than to question her master further.

'Run further scans on his brain Mira, tell me when two patterns can be detected'.

Mira nodded and reluctantly moved to run the scans.

'I hope this works sir' she said quietly. 'You're the greatest person I know'

Oran raised his head to look at her. He took in her slumped posture, finally realising just how much this was worrying her.

'If this doesn't work Mira then you don't need to accept punishment with me' he said after a while.

She replied without hesitation.

'No. If this doesn't work and they find out then I accept punishment with you. It was, after all, I who developed the drug'

Oran smiled at her fondly. 'Yes, and a fine job you did of it Mira. It will work, I promise you' and with that he left the room.

xxxxxx

'Doctor McKay'

I hate you was Rodney's automatic thought as he entered the briefing room to find Mr Woolsey sitting at the head of the table.

'How have you been?' asked Woolsey once McKay had settled himself.

'Fine thanks.' was Rodney's automated reply.

Woolsey sighed as he realised yet another day was to go by with Atlantis' smartest Doctor giving him the cold shoulder. What bothered him more was that it wasn't just Rodney. The entire personnel of Atlantis, military and civilian alike, avoided him where possible. A few such as Carson were slightly more civil but even then it was obvious how forced it was.

Still, that may all change by today he thought to himself, making sure to nod to Teyla, Ronon and Carson as they walked in.

Teyla nodded back politely as was her custom. Carson gave a small smile that didn't even come close to reaching his eyes. And Ronon…well, Ronon was Ronon.

Woolsey waited for everyone to organise themselves. Once all seated, he gave a slight cough to catch McKay's attention who, eventually, looked up.

'Now, none of you have a clue why you're here. What I am about to say will stay off-record and most certainly away from Stargate Command is that clear?'

If Rodney's attention wasn't caught before it most certainly was now. Everyone looked at each other, questioning and confuse expressions covering their faces. After a round of nods and muttered 'yes sir's', Woolsey continued.

'Ever since this city lost its leaders, morale on this base has been appalling. It's been so appalling that I am finding it extremely difficult to maintain command here. To be honest, I couldn't be more disappointed. With you lot especially.' He paused before he said his next words, making sure he didn't raise his voice.

'You are commanding officers of your respective departments and as such I expect you to act with a certain air of professionalism'

He paused to take in the shocked looks aimed in his direction. When he saw the embarrassment on McKay's face he had to try extremely hard to hold in a laugh.

'I should have reported you all to Stargate Command a long time ago but I didn't. I chose to give you some time to adapt. I tried to give you time to accept Doctor Wier and Colonel Sheppard's deaths but you just took advantage of that. This is your last chance. If anyone questions the orders I am about to give you… anyone' he glared at McKay to make sure he knew that included him as well. 'then you will be out of here before you can say wormhole is that clear?'

Everyone nodded stiffly as they waited to hear their dreaded orders. After a long pause Woolsey finally smiled.

'I am ordering you to continue the search for Doctor Weir and Colonel Sheppard’


Chapter End Notes: I love my cliffhangers! xD I started writing this but realised I actually have to get some work done. If I can I’ll update it again today or tomorrow. But from now on updates will most likely come on the weekends.
And I still like reviews! :D

[Reviews - 22]    Printer Chapter or Story