[Reviews - 2]    Printer
- Text Size +

Story Notes: Dedicated to my Beta Heimedall


The soft and warm smell of freshly baked buns entered the bedroom. She didn't want to wake up, but the smell persisted and slowly lured her from the land of dreams. She opened her eyes and scanned the room to find the source of the sweet smell. Through a crack between the sheets she could distinguish her furniture and other items in the room. Her eyes searched the room and in the corner of the room, on a small table, a tray neatly organized with buns, fruit and even fresh orange juice stood waiting for her. Her eyes scanned the rest of the room, but it was empty. She was alone with this delicious breakfast.

Still wondering about who brought her this food, she swung her feet from underneath the blankets and pressed them hard on the cold floor. She wasn't dreaming. This was real. Someone had brought her breakfast. She stood up and quietly walked to the tray. Her ears were focused and she was listening for any sound coming from the hallway, but everything was dead silent. Her eyes picked up that all her favorite buns and fillings were on the tray. There was even a small dish with a few beautiful decorated chocolates in it.

Still not believing her luck she moved her hand to the buns and she felt the warmth emanate from them. She grabbed one bun, brought it to her nose and inhaled the delicious smell of freshly baked bread. A warm and happy feeling emerged inside her body, spreading outward to her limbs. Tingles accompanied them. How could she be so lucky to receive this gift and who gave it to her? She dipped the end of the bun in the strawberry marmalade and took a bite. The pure taste on her tongue enlightened her mental state even more. A feeling of completeness and happiness made her smile.

Her fingers lingered over the dishes until her eyes caught a little note tucked under one of them. She picked it up and could barely see the decoration on the card. Her hand reached for the light switch. When she turned it on, the lights came on dimmed. Whoever wanted to surprise her had been successful. In the soft illumination she could see the beautiful decorations on the card. Small white roses and when she brought the card to her nose she could even smell the scent of roses and other flowers. This whole setting made her feel so special. She fumbled with the card, afraid to open it. She was curious about the message inside, but a little voice in her head wanted to keep the mystery.

Her hand reached for the dish with chocolates. She picked out a white one and lifted it. On the chocolate was a dark chocolate sign and when she studied it up close, she discovered it to be the chevron of Atlantis. Someone had really put a huge effort into compose this breakfast pallet. When the chocolate toughed her lips she felt it melt, releasing the coffee filling inside. She licked her lips, capturing every drop of flavor.

With a blush on her cheeks, a smile on her lips and a warm feeling inside, she finally opened the card. The text ‘Enjoy your Breakfast’ was hand written in the card. She didn’t recognize the handwriting, but the signature gave away the identity of her secret admirer. She closed the card and pressed it close to her hearth. She had not expected him to be so romantic, but loved it. She loved the breakfast, she loved the attention and she loved him.

She lifted the tray from the table and took it back to bed. She curled herself on top of the blankets and was going to enjoy this breakfast for a long, long time.


[Reviews - 2]    Printer