[Reviews - 58]    Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

Author's Chapter Notes: John and Elizabeth are back from the mainland.
Very short but sweet chapter.


Part 4: Raising morale

Even after a couple of days, the whole of Atlantis knew there was more going on between Doctor Elizabeth Weir and Colonel John Sheppard than mere friendship. When they were off duty they were nearly always together. In the morning they arrived in the control room together and in the evening, they left together. They never showed any real signs of affection like kissing or holding hands. It was more the way he gently laid his hand on the small of her back when they were walking, the way they stood closer together when they were talking, the way she softly caressed his arm to calm him down when something had happened.
Of course, John had been right. The fact that most of the city was certain that their leaders were together and happily together, boosted city morale higher than ever before. And it didn’t take long before other couples openly started forming.
“Stop, gloating.” Elizabeth playfully said one evening as they were sitting in the mess hall and they saw Ronon feeding Teyla a piece of his meatloaf.
“I’m not gloating.” John replied with a smirk.
“You are most definitely gloating.”
“Is there a reason I should be gloating?” He asked innocently.
She threw him a glare.
“Just because I was right we would be boasting morale...” He continued just as innocently while intently watching the piece of meat on his fork which he was slowly turning around.
“You want to hear you were right? Fine! You were right.” She replied overly exasperated.
The smirk was back on his face instantly. “Was it really that difficult to admit?”
“Knock it off, Colonel, or you don’t get any practice tonight.”
“We could always skip practice and get straight to the scoring goal.”
She buried her face in her hands and groaned. “What is it with you men and sports terms?”
John shrugged. “It’s easy to refer too and everyone knows what you’re talking about.”
She laughed softly at that. “Tell that to Ronon and Teyla.”
“Ok, good point.” He sighed as he put up his hands in defeat.
“Come on, let’s get out of here. I reserved ‘Die Hard’ for tonight.”
“Die Hard!” John’s eyes shot up and a smile appeared on his face. “You know me too well.”
“Well, that’s why you love me.”
“Very true.” He grinned as he helped her clean up their table and guided her to her quarters, his hand, as always, on the small off her back.

TBC


Chapter End Notes: Thx for reading and don't forget to review ;^)

[Reviews - 58]    Printer Chapter or Story