[Reviews - 0]    Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +


~ 19 ~

One-half hour! He’s already wasted half-an-hour searching for Sheppard. What was he thinking? What the hell is he thinking? He shouldn’t be trudging through the city on his way to find Colonel Kirksome who can’t be bothered to wear his headset all-the-freakin’-time. Even though he’s supposed to be in charge of the whole damn shebang while Elizabeth’s on holiday! Though, technically, Rodney is actually at the helm until Carson gives Sheppard the all-clear and returns him to duty. But still! Can’t the man avail himself when necessary?

Damn. Rodney should be in Sergeant Fuller’s full-bodied embrace at this exact moment. When she whispered into his ear, he nearly fell over. She’s waiting for him and he’s… looking for a man! What the hell is wrong with him?

And where the hell am I?

Rodney taps the transporter and it zips him to the corridor leading to the gym. Teyla obviously wasn’t herself when she let it slip about Sheppard’s whereabouts. Something’s off with her lately. She’s distracted. She’s usually better at keeping mum when the man doesn’t want to be found. Not that he’s hiding or anything… well, maybe he is a little. He’s been through the ringer lately—emotionally and physically—and probably needs time to himself.

But he’s Rodney’s friend and sometimes that has to come first. Rodney has to admit, if not out loud then to himself at least, that there are some areas of expertise that he has yet to master. Personal areas, not professional, of course. Cadman was correct when she told him he needed help dealing with the opposite sex. Being a genius should grant him some leeway in that area, but so far… not-so-much.

Rodney’s so lost in thought as he rushes down the corridor—what if he says the wrong thing to Maddog, what if he’s not… enough for her… what if—that he doesn’t see who he knocks over until he’s two steps further down the hall than the body sprawled at his feet. “Damn. Watch where–”

“McKay if you finish that sentence with anything other than an apology, I’m gonna do some serious damage to your lower body parts.” Angie growls, pushing herself up from the floor and dusting off her hands.

“Ohhh… um… sorry.”

“Say it again.”

“What?”

“You owe me for the last time too.”

What is she nuts? Oh wait, this is Angie. “Sorry?”

She shakes her head. “Guess that’ll have to suffice.” She folds her arms at her waist. “What bug crawled up your butt to make you race around like a lunatic anyway.”

“Oh… I need to speak with Sheppard and Teyla said he was busy in the gym…” His eyes widen as Rodney looks Angie over: her slightly blushed complexion glistening with perspiration and the glassy look in her eyes… damn, she’s glowing. “Or did you do your damage and leave only a steaming husk behind?”

“I didn’t kill him if that’s what you’re asking,” she chuckles with a whisky laugh. Damn if that voice of hers isn’t new and improved when it comes to creating all kinds of naughty thoughts.

Not thoughts about her per se, just… well… in general… it’s damn sexy. Rodney raises a finger. “Ah… but will he live to regret this most recent encounter of your… of you two?”

Angie’s slow smile makes her look even more lovely and dangerous. “He’ll live… with no regrets.”

“And you?” He can’t forget the reason her voice is so different and he knows she’s still trying to come to terms with what happened to her.

Angie sighs, the light in her eyes dimming a fraction. “We talked. Or I should say… I listened.”

“But…?”

“I didn’t tell him about what happened… what I remembered… happening… with Kolya.”

“Well, why the hell not?”

Her shoulders sag and she heaves another sigh. “Must you disrupt my afterglow! I’ll get around to it. He’s not going anywhere. We’ve established… repairs.”

“But he still thinks you’re mad at him, right?”

Angie nods her head side to side. “Possibly.” She brightens with enthusiasm. “But I gave him numerous–”

Rodney holds up a halting hand. “TMI–”

“—feelings of bliss,” Angie finishes. “I’ll get to the other thing… later.” She raises her brows, her eyes pleading for understanding. “I’m just not ready yet.”

“But… you two are back together… right?”

She slowly nods. “More or less.”

“See! It’s the ‘less’ part that’s not good in this situation. The man very nearly killed me in a jealous rage and–”

“Don’t be so dramatic. It’s a black eye for crying-out-loud. He got far worse from Ronon, on top of turning all blue, remember.”

“Quite a painful black eye, mind you. And I’m not in the mood for another. So… Tell the man you love him and you forgive him and beg for his forgiveness if you’re still delusional enough to believe you need it–”

“McKay!”

“Angie!” Rodney waves his hands in front of his face, wiping out her words before she can utter them. “You survived. Sheppard survived. Ronon and Teyla survived. You did nothing wrong no matter how infinite the multi-universe may be. You in this space-time continuum did nothing wrong. Now… get over yourself and move on for all our sakes.”

Her eyes narrow as she glowers at him. “You really know how to motivate a person, you know that, McKay.”

“Yes… well… I’m multifaceted and a genius.”

“So you constantly remind us. Now, what are you doing down here, shouldn’t you be putting that brain of yours to work on, say, building us ZPM’s or something equally spectacular.”

“Hah! You jest, yet you have no idea what I’ve uncovered from Janus’ secret lab on PXT-705. I’ll have you know that such a discovery is not only possible, it may even be within reach… someday.”

“But not today?”

Rodney glances at his watch. Forty-two minutes. Damn. Damn! “No. I have an important meeting and I’m running very late.”

“Down the rabbit hole?”

“Hmm...what?”

Angie grins, shaking her head. “If it’s with John, he’s clearly not expecting you.” She cocks her head, watching him, taking a step closer.

Rodney straightens to the point of looking down his nose at her. As much as he likes Angie, he really doesn’t need this closeness from her. She smells earthy and womanly… ah hell, she smells like sex! Clearing his throat, Rodney tries not to breathe in deep; tries to keep his mind on his mission and off the fact that there is a woman waiting for him right now who just might smell the same way once he’s done with her. “I really need to talk to Sheppard.”

Angie’s grin grows enough to show the whites of her incisor teeth. “She came after you.” When Rodney raises his brows, Angie nods. “Sharon. She did it. She staked her claim. I’m right. Huh. Aren’t I right?” Angie grips his arm. “Tell me I’m right.”

Rodney brushes her hand away and steps back. “I… um… what if she did?”

Angie laughs, a deep belly laugh like the one she let loose after he fell on his face that night on Lartnec Msagro. She claps her hands. “Damn, if I didn’t call that one right.” Angie pats his shoulder. “Well, what are you waiting for, McKay. Go get you some.” Her brows rise. “Trust me… you need it.”

“I know that!” Rodney can’t believe he’s having this insane conversation with her… again. “I just needed to–”

“Talk with John?” Angie shakes her head. “Even if the man is conscious right now, which I highly doubt,” she flashes that devilish grin again. “I did kinda wear him out. You don’t need any advice from him, McKay. Trust me when I say… whatever you do will be just fine.”

“But, you told me not to be myself.”

“Oh, that’s right. I did, didn’t I.” Angie scrunches up her face a little. “And… I freely admit to being wrong.”

“Wrong?”

“So wrong. Rodney… go get that woman and just be all the Rodney McKay you can be.”

“Well, oh… what?”

“It’s a crazy universe. But Sharon likes you just the way you are.”

“Wha… really?”

“Mmm hmmm. And you know how you like to put people down, talk all superior and sciency.”

“I do not… sciency—that’s not even a word.”

“Work with me here, buddy. Go for it. Bring on all the genius you can. Geek out. Just so long as you use your hands and other… appendages… to get the job done.”

“Well, but I…” Rodney glances at the door to the gym. He looks at his watch. He looks at Angie who’s grinning back and nodding. “Really?”

“Go get her tiger.”

Rodney bounces on his feet for a second then: “If you’re sure.”

“I promise,” she says with all sincerity.

Hearing that, Rodney rushes back toward the transporter, chooses his destination, turns in time to see Angie giving him two thumbs up as the doors close.

~~~~~

Rodney checks his breath before knocking on the door. Okay, be myself. I can do that. I’m good at that. I’m me!

He gives the door a quick knuckle rap and a moment later it slides open. Maddog—Sharon—is leaning against the door frame with one arm propped over head, elbow bent, hand ruffling her short strawberry blond locks; green eyes shine at him. “I must say, I expected you sooner,” she says dryly though there’s a slight lift to the corner of her mouth.

A moment later he’s inside her room as she grabs a fist full of shirt and pulls him roughly inside. The door swishes closed behind him. “You really know how to make a woman hot and bothered, McKay.”

“I… do? I mean… you expected me to just drop everything for you, Sergeant?”

“Call me Sharon.”

“Fine. Sharon. I have the most important job in this city. Not to forget that I’m in charge since the Colonel went off his rocker with the rest of the group when you all went Crayola crazy. This place wouldn’t run without me.” She’s still holding onto his shirt, and not for the first time, Rodney realizes she’s not only taller than him, but so much stronger she just might be able to hurt him with those well-honed muscles if she puts them to good use. Oh, please let her put them to use!

“Tell me about it,” she says huskily, drawing him further into the room. Her free hand brushes down his stomach to the top of his BDU’s and she pops the button with ease.

Rodney’s gaze drops to her hand and his pants then back up to see the smile in her eyes. She licks her lips as she grins at him and all he can think at that moment is how soft those rosy lips look, how sparkling her eyes are… how hot she’s making him and they haven’t really even touched yet. “Tell you about what?”

She dips her mouth close to his but still not touching, a breath away from kissing. She smells like coffee. It makes his mouth water. “What you were working on that was so important you couldn’t simply walk away, come to me and get busy.”

“The superconductivity of the Pegasus Stargates versus the Milky Way Stargates.”

Her gaze locks onto his. “Is there a significant difference in the applied magnetic fields?”

Rodney’s shocked she even remotely knows what he’s talking about and he’s sure the shock registers on his face, but the sergeant—Sharon—doesn’t seem to mind. In fact, her eyes dilate significantly. She’s turned on by his underestimation of her.

“Not as significant as Type I versus Type II but enough to cause concern regarding the breakdown of The Meissner effect. In wh…ich… ca…ha aaa…” Her hand dips inside the front of his pants, grazing him.

Those glossy lips hover near his. With a fluttery nuzzle she tantalizes the corner of his mouth. “Traveling between the two galaxies could be hazardous to our continued health…” she moves to the opposite side, her warm breath and voice sending zingers of pleasure throughout his body. “Should the applied magnetic field become too large, superconductivity is abruptly destroyed.”

Rodney has never been so turned on in his life! “Exactly.”

Another moment and his pants are down around his ankles. Sharon drops her trousers with one downward zip exposing glorious nakedness underneath. His mouth hangs open as he stares at her bared, very neatly groomed mound at the apex of her long, sculpted legs. She could have been a Playboy Bunny. A Victoria’s Secret model! What the hell is she doing in the military? Sharon lifts his chin with a forefinger. “I’ve been waiting for you… wanted to be ready.”

“Ready is… good.” Rodney’s breath halts in his chest as she grips him, working him through the opening of is boxers, stiffening him up so much, he’s sure to embarrass himself and burst right into her hand. He groans and his eyes cross. This is the closest he’s gotten to sex in so long, he’s afraid he won’t be able to hold out, much less make it enjoyable enough for her to give him a second shot. “Do you… I don’t have…um…”

“Military women get implants, standard, McKay. Plus… you and I are practically virgins out here compared to everyone else, am I right?”

Rodney tries to digest the thought. “Virgins?”

Suddenly Sharon’s perched on her desk, pulling him between her legs by his shirt collar. “My, my Dr. McKay… the brain in your head isn’t the only one worth recognition and praise.”

“…ahh…”

“You gonna do something with that or is it just for show?”

“You…” Rodney realizes he has hands and moves to touch her, but she grabs his wrists and lifts both hands to her breasts. Her nipples tighten and strain against the fabric, pressing into his palms. Rodney gulps. “But you’re… so hot!”

She grins wolfishly and he wonders if that’s why she got the name Maddog. “McKay?” He manages to take his eyes off her body and look her in the face. “I’m hot for you. Right now.”

Rodney blinks. Maybe he’s still on that misty planet from last year and all this is some wild dream and he’s actually dying a slow and… well, pleasurable death. He feels almost giddy. A crazy bubble of glee almost bursts from him even though laughing right now would be the worst possibly scenario, he can’t help but think this is some crazy cosmic joke.

“Let’s do this,” Sharon says, gripping his head and pulling him into a hard kiss. Rodney forgets to laugh. Forgets to breathe. All he can do is taste her. Feel her. He nearly falls forward as her powerful legs wrap around his hips and trap him against her. Sharon’s free hand moves between them, skillfully gliding over him. She leans back, pulling him with her and raises her hips then guides him home, pulling him in with the those gorgeous legs. They break the kiss on a mutual gasp. “Ohgodyes!” she cries.

Rodney sucks in noisy air. He can’t move. Not yet. If he so much as blinks he’s going to erupt… she’s so damn hot and wet… and feels so good he can’t even think. But he has to. He has to get his mind off of the perfect body surrounding him, the perfect woman holding him inside her. Think McKay. Think! For the first time in his life, Rodney can’t remember more than 3.14 of pi!

“It’s about fucking time!” Sharon howls. Her hands trap his face and she pulls him in for another kiss, deep, wet, full of pent up lust. “Hope you’ve got a strong heart, McKay. It’s gonna get a workout tonight.”

Giving up on trying to hold back, Rodney yanks off her tank top and buries his face in her glorious breasts as she leans back, giving him room to lunge. “Right back at ya.” He grips her hips and pulls her to the edge of the desk so that he can move faster. “Oh yeah!”

Sharon groans and lets loose a lusty chuckle. If there ever was a sexual encounter not being taken seriously except for the pleasure it induced, this was it. Rodney feels the weight of the world leave his shoulders as he moves within her tight sheath. She bucks against him and he pushes himself deeper inside her. The desk squeaks in protest, banging into the wall with the power of their joining.

Oh, yeah, he remembers sex now. Heaving, thrusting, pushing, pulling. Harder. Faster. Yeah! Oh goddamn he remembers it all now.

And it has never felt this good!

It’s over within moments, he’s shuddering and spilling himself inside her. Rodney marvels that he even lasted that long. “Gah… uh…” He knows she didn’t get off and it makes him sad even as the pleasure steals down his spine. Now she’ll never let him redeem himself. He might as well become a monk once the gossip gets around that he’s ‘no John Sheppard’.

Well, crap!

“Sorry,” he mutters under his breath.

Her hand grazes his chin, pulling his gaze up to hers again. “Don’t worry,” she grins again. “I’ve got plans for you, Mr. Genius.”

“You mean…”

“Everyone on this base seems to be getting in on all the fun except you and me. It’s not fair, and it’s not right.” Her eyes sparkle. “You’re one up on me now, but not for long.” Sharon scoots off the desk, reaches for his shirt and peals it over his head. With that wicked grin in place, she tosses it over her shoulder, places her hands on her hips and waits. “Strip, baby. We’ve got some catching up to do.”

Rodney’s not only shocked by her obvious interest in a repeat performance—hopefully with more success on his part that is—but it’s almost as if she’s ready for battle and has chosen him to be on her team. “I’ll have you know… I’m actually quite good at this.”

“Oh, McKay. I have no doubt. You are the smartest man in the galaxy, after all. I’m sure you can figure out how everything works… and have wonderful results for both of us.”

Her confidence in him bolsters his ego. Rodney kicks off his boots, toes off his socks then strips out of his boxers. By the time he’s done, he’s surprised to see his other genius is once again ready for action. And as an added bonus, Sharon seems to like what she sees… pudgy middle and all.

“If you haven’t noticed yet, McKay… I’ve got a thing for big brains.”

Rodney grins, not feeling the least bit foolish or self-conscious given the look she has in her eyes. “As you can see, I come fully equipped in every way.”

With another chuckle, she’s pushing him down onto the bed, pretty much hopping on for a wild ride. Rodney doesn’t miss a beat rolling her over and under him. For his own peace-of-mind, he has to redeem himself first. And to do that, he has to learn every inch of her body before burying himself inside her again.

Well, maybe not before… but as close as he can get. Like she said, they have a lot of time to make up.

XOXOXO

Angie closes her eyes and leans into the hard pulse of hot water spraying away her sweat and the few tears she shed earlier. Her heart nearly burst when she finally heard John. Not the sordid details about the mind-bending sleaze-of-an-ancient-ho who should just come on down from her almighty-higher-plain and face her woman to “I’m-so-gonna-kick-your-ass-for-all-eternity-bitch!” woman. “No one screws with John—brains or body—except me dammit!” No other woman is ever gonna get her hands on my fiancé ever again!

No man either! Might as well ad that little caveat given how many out there actually think John swings to that side of the fence. She’s heard the rumors… and there’s no way anyone’s going to make a play for him like that. Not ever.

With a firm nod, Angie’s brain simmers down; her heartbeat slows to the tremulous thud that almost killed her with joy back in the gym. She heard John. Heard his love for her, his need for her. Not just anyone, but her. She didn’t have to hear the words, not really. His voice, his face… God that gorgeous face and those haunted eyes. She’ll never forget those eyes no matter how long she lives.

He has secrets, her John. Secrets he’ll probably never share, even with her.

But… dammit, John Sheppard loves me.

Enough to forgive you?

Damn that little voice still sounds so much like Jax.

Jax, who usually had a good point to make… and unlike Angie, didn’t shy away from telling the truth.

Damn that Kolya and his mind-fuck to hell… because of him, she still has doubts about John being able to forgive her when he learns the truth. When he learns how truly weak she is, was and probably always will be.

What if John fell in love with Jax? Fell in love with the solid, strong, kick-ass woman… not the helpless, emotional wreck that hid inside the hard candy shell?

What if John can’t accept her as she is now… coward and all.

Angie’s securing her robe belt when she walks into her room and nearly jumps out of her skin. “Damn girl, stop being so stealthy.”

“Coulda killed you all kinds of nasty even with you doing the one woman pissed against the holier than all get out ascended ho’s in there,” Laura chuckled, leaning against the wardrobe.

Angie towels her hair dry. “Sure, catch me in a shower and I’m all wet. But don’t face me in a dark alley, chica.”

“Is that a challenge, little girl?” Laura pushes off the closet with her shoulder. “I say it’s time for a rematch.”

Angie looks up, smirking. “High noon. East Pier.”

“Water balloons loaded and ready.” Laura plops onto Angie’s bed with a little bounce. “Name the day and it’s a date. Let’s bring Teyla. She needs to get the fun in. Something’s up with our Athosian leader.”

“We’ll grab Maddog too. She should have some interesting stories to tell that’ll get anyone out of a funk.” Angie tosses aside the wet towel. “She made her move on McKay today.”

Laura covers her eyes. “Don’t tell me.”

“Isn’t covering your ears a better plan?”

“I’m trying to keep the images from burning into my brain.”

Angie laughs and gives Laura a friendly shove. “You and McKay.” She shakes her head. “You know, for a while there, I thought the back and forth banter was kind of…”

“What?”

“Foreplay.”

Laura shoves her back, harder. “Eeew!” She shudders excessively. “I’ve been in the man’s head… it’s not a pretty place.”

“Oh, please. You shared his body, you didn’t read his mind. I know all about it, Cadman. You can’t go making stuff up now. Besides. I’ve gotten to know him pretty well recently. He’s not so bad.”

“Not you too.”

“I’m no groupie…but… he’s a funny drunk.”

“Drunk?”

“Well. You were busy… he was there… we chatted. I flashed him.”

“You what!”

“Huskin hooch, girl. That stuff is lethal.”

“Is that why Sheppard decked him?”

“Naw… that was because of Lartnec Msagro. The leader there is rather, um… it was a thing that could’ve turned into a thing so I bunked with McKay.”

“Again. You what!”

“He was a complete gentleman… and a good friend when I needed one.”

Laura waves a hand. “Fine fine.” She shakes her head. “I just don’t get it. I mean… it’s McKay. He’s just so… McKay.”

“And apparently that’s exactly why Sharon wants him.” She pats Laura’s leg. “So be a good friend and support those who are finally getting the orgasms they need.” With a grumbled sigh, Laura agrees but she’s obviously not happy about it. Angie studies her for a moment. “So… no afterglow in Scotland, I take it.”

Laura’s shoulders sag. “I don’t wanna be a downer. Tell me what happened at the gym. You’re looking mighty relaxed.”

Angie lies back on her bed, lazily tossing her arm over her forehead. “I take it I have you to thank for that encounter?”

“Teyla too.” Laura says, lying down next to Angie, mirroring her friends pose. “We wicked women must stick together in these trying times.”

“I’ll thank her later. Right now I just don’t think I’ve ever been this exhausted.”

“That good, huh?”

Angie chuckles, “Oh, it’s always good. But… it’s this weight of not knowing what went wrong, you know?” Angie tells Laura about the evil that was Teer.

“She knew she was going after a taken man. Not only that but she knew he really wanted you and she used it against him!” With a helpless flutter of arms, Laura sits upright. “This is the kind of person they let ascend!”

Angie yawns. “Makes ya wonder huh.”

“What?”

“Who the hell they think they are to look down there noses on us.”

“Yeah huh!”

“I was just so worried that he knew about Huskin somehow… maybe saw it through Cloneman’s eyes.” Angie yawns again, trying to keep her eyes open.

“Saw what? What about Huskin?”

Angie shakes off the drowsiness as much as she can. “Oh, nothing.”

“Na ahh, girlfriend. You can’t go all cryptic on me like that. No secrets anymore, remember.”

“I… aah… it’s just something I have to work through. Not a secret secret… just…” she pinches the bridge of her nose. “Kolya and crap, you know?”

“Can’t talk about it… or won’t?”

“For now, let’s leave it at maybe later.”

“Okay. For now. But you’ve gotta get shit off your chest, girl. What that man did to you… wish I coulda killed him a thousand times over.”

“Yeah,” Angie says softly. Still, a part of her is grateful to the maniac. The man did torture and drug her and try to brainwash her, but he also kept her safe from his men. Took care of her in his own weird way. A shudder rushes through her. Angie’s heartbeat picks up and she squeezes her eyes shut, refusing the panic attack to take hold.

Change the subject. Now! “Your turn,” she tells Laura. “What happened with Carson?”

Laura lies back down, lacing her fingers together on her belly. “We’re having grown up issues, I suppose.”

“What kind of issues?”

Laura sniffs quietly and Angie rolls onto her side, watching her friend. Ever the Marine, Laura refuses to cry but she can’t quite hide the pain in her eyes. Angie rests a hand on both of Laura’s. “He says with me returning to my Daedalus assignment next month and him staying on Atlantis it’s like a long distance relationship without the frequent phone calls. Too much time and distance between us… blah blah blah.” She sniffs again. “I knew I shouldn’t have used the ‘L’ word… it was too soon.”

“Oh puushaa! Men love the idea of two women naked together.”

That gets the requisite chuckle Angie’s hoping for, but it doesn’t last long. When Laura turns her head toward Angie, the tears slip. “I think he wants to end it without us ever really getting anywhere.”

“Oh sweetie. I’m sorry.”

Laura shakes her head just enough, letting loose one more sniff. “The problem is… I think he might be right.”


[Reviews - 0]    Printer Chapter or Story