[Reviews - 7]    Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

Author's Chapter Notes: A little explaination of what else is happening.

Please read and review!


“You have a strange aura girl…”

“Who me?” Teyla asked turning towards the old woman. She had scraggly grey hair and a very wrinkled face but her emerald green eyes sparkled in the dying sunlight. She was dressed in simple plain rags but she carried herself as though she was a queen and she held Teyla’s attention.

“Yes you child-” The old woman confirmed taking Teyla by the hand and leading her away from her team. “-you are not all that you appear to be.”

“I am sure that I do not know what you are talking about.” Teyla replied defensively though her defences wavered when she saw the smile on the old woman’s face.

“You are different than the rest of us.” The old woman continued knowingly. “You can sense what we can not sense… and-” The woman paused as she leaned into whisper in Teyla’s ear. “-and you have life growing within you.”

oOo


Teyla jerked awake. She was back on Atlantis and had just had nothing more than a simple dream. But it was more than a dream; Teyla had dreamt and relived her team’s last mission. They had gone to a planet where the villagers lived within a long crevice that split a mountain in two.

The planet had valuable minerals that the team needed for their day to day lives. Their trip to New ‘Lantis had emptied the lower portions of the still that had still remained flooded and had given Rodney an excuse to go through every nook and cranny. One of the things that they had already discovered was an ancient manufacturing lab where raw minerals of any kind were processed into whatever was needed.

Teyla shook her head as she ran through the might city. The woman’s last words echoing in her mind- they had not been in the dream but Teyla still heard them as though the woman was before her and speaking.

I shall give you a mighty gift, like the ones your ancestors have given you only stronger, better, more refined.

She didn’t know what to make of the old woman and her promise of a mighty gift. The mission had been a week previous and so far Teyla had experienced nothing of a mighty gift. Through she had felt the early stirrings of a child within her. Teyla knew that the babe had not been conceived through any man she knew and for that reason she was reluctant to go see Dr. Keller.

‘I cannot let my friends know about this…’ Teyla thought as she ran, following the same course around the city. ‘…if they were to know, they might-’

Teyla suddenly stopped, the ice-cold knot that signalled the presence of a wraith growing within her. Trying to figure out where the feeling was coming from her vision went dark and she saw events unfolding within her mind.

oOo


“Alright.” John began as he took control of the morning briefing once more. “Are we ready to begin?”

“No.” Rodney stated with a roll of his eyes. “Teyla’s not here.”

“Hmm, that’s odd.” Ronan muttered causing the eyes of the senior staff to go to him. “I passed her running this morning.”

John said nothing he merely tapped his ear-radio. “Chuck?”

‘Yes Colonel.’ Chuck replied, his voice smiling through the phone. ‘What can I do for you on this fine Atlantean morning?’

“Can you do a sweep of the city, see if there are any people in the far reaches of the piers that shouldn’t be there…?”

“Sure thing…”

They all waited anxiously while Chuck did his sweep and when he radioed John back that they had found someone unmoving on the north pier they all jumped into action. In the control room Chuck explained that the energy signal matched one of their own people, and yet it was tainted as though an alien life form had attached itself to it.

Both worried and concerned, John sent a team of marines along with Dr. Keller and a couple nurses to the area. He, Ronan and Rodney waited with baited breath until Dr. Keller radioed them. What she told them had all three of them sprinting for the infirmary.

oOo


“What do you mean she’s pregnant with a wraith baby?” Rodney asked, his voice rising in panic. “How can she be pregnant with a wraith baby?”

“I don’t know.” Dr. Keller sighed, answering Rodney’s question for what felt like the hundredth time. “All I know is that when I scanned her, I found a large concentration of Wraith DNA growing in her womb.”

“It has to be from Michael.” John stated quietly, well aware that Ronan’s eyes were shooting daggers at him. “He had her in his lab for a good twenty minutes. He could have done something to her in that time…”

“Well I can tell you that this is more than likely an experiment of some kind.” Dr. Keller added watching Ronan’s face carefully. The Staetan was on the verge of going on a rampage and although it had not been said, she had to clear the air where Teyla was concerned. “I found some scar tissue. I think Michael must have injected a very sharp needle into her womb.”

“And now she’s pregnant with a wraith baby.” Rodney muttered not believing it.

“Yes we’re all aware of that Rodney.” John snapped before turning to Dr. Keller. “What are our options?”

“Well normally-”

“NO!”

They all turned towards the scream. There was Teyla sitting straight up in the infirmary bed, her reddish-brown hair matted with sweat and her breathing ragged. Dr. Keller, John, Rodney and Ronan were all instantly at her side. Teyla seemed to be in a daze; her eyes were staring ahead and were not focussing on anyone. Dr. Keller tried to get a response from her but nothing was working.

“I’m sorry.” Dr. Keller apologized, turning to Teyla’s friends. “I don’t know what to do…”

“I see…” Teyla choked out, coming out of her trance. “…I see…”

“What do you see Teyla?” Ronan asked, leaning in closer than the rest. “What do you see?”

“I see a gate…” Teyla muttered as though she was in pain. “…there is a gate in Atlantis and it’s not round and it travels to somewhere else…”

“I think she’s talking nonsense…” Dr. Keller stated as she motioned a watching nurse to inject Teyla with a sedative but John held out his arm to stop him.

“A traveller is coming.” Teyla muttered as her eyes began to close. “A traveller…”

oOo


“Do you have any idea what she’s talking about McKay?” John asked once Dr. Jennifer Keller and Rona had settled Teyla down. “This ‘gate’ that’s not a gate…”

“I have no idea.” Rodney answered honestly. “But I’ll see what I can dig up.”


[Reviews - 7]    Printer Chapter or Story