A Nice Surprise by mew
Summary: Someone comes to Atlantis and gets a nice surprise.

Categories: Fanfiction Characters: None
Genres: Drabble, General
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 739 Read: 2967 Published: March 13, 2007 Updated: March 13, 2007

1. Chapter 1 by mew

Chapter 1 by mew
Author's Notes:
Please Review :)
Charlie walked through the corridors of Atlantis. She couldn't believe she had finally been allowed to come here. She had done all her research and had military training, and it was finally passing off.

"Apparently we're getting a new archeologist. She has much training and has had some military training also. We have requested a new archeologist because you all know that Dr Buro isn't going to be able to work much longer. We don't know much about her, but we're getting the best they can offer and we need her." Dr Weir explained.

At this moment Charlie stepped in and her escort went away. Dr Weir was already by the door and greeted her formally. "Hello. I am Doctor Elizabeth Weir. This is Rodney McKay, Ronon Dex and Teyla Emmagan."

"Hi Dr Weir. I'm Charlie. I'm very excited to be here." she replied. At that moment John came running into the room. "Sorry..... I'm late. Bit of trouble with one of the scientists..."

"John this is Charlie, she will be staying here as the new archeologist." Dr Weir explained. John turned to great the visitor and got a shock. "Charlotte?" he said.

Charlotte was equally shocked matching his gaze. "Jonathan?" she gasped.

"Errrr.... you two know each other?" McKay asked, slighty confused. At this moment Charlie and John had overcome their shock and were hugging. "I thought I'd never see you again... especially after coming here! Its been what, six years now?" John asked.

"Yeah.... oh my god! How did you get here anyway?" Charlie shouted. "I've got the gene, oh and i've been promoted!" he said getting very excited. "Wow! Its so good to see you. When you had to leave for Antartica I thought that was it, we weren't going to see each other again, but here we are!"

"WAIT! Whats going on?" McKay screamed before anyone else could. But John and Charlie were already leaving. "I'll show you around," John said as they left, completely ignoring everything around them.

The others in the room just stared at each other. "Well I think we can asume that Colonel Sheppard has got this covered?" Teyla pointed out.


3 hours later...

Everyone had been working quite hard for awhile and John decided to show Charlie the mess hall. They stepped in line with trays and John pointed out all the edible, non-edible and completely un-touched food. They took their trays to a table where Beckett, Rodney, Teyla, Ronon and Weir were positioned.

"Hi, I'm Charlie," Charlie greeted Beckett. "Dr Carson Beckett. But just call me Carson lass."

"So whats the big idea, leaving us," Rodney complained, "and whats thsi 'Jonathan' and 'Charlotte' business?"

"Errr, sorry we forgot..." John confessed, "...And those are our names!" Charlie added in a very sarcastic tone. They both smiled at McKays glare. 'Why do they look so alike?' Rodney thought.

"So, how do you know each other?" Dr Weir asked.

"Oh sorry... " John started but was interupted by Charlie. "Let me introduce myself properly.... Hi I'm Charlotte... Charlotte Sheppard." John laughed at the looks the people gave him.

"You're MARRIED!" McKay coughed. Now it was Charlie's turn to laugh. "Errr... hello! She's my sister!" John replied.

"Oh." was all McKay could say.

Later on that night John and Elizabeth were walking down the corridors to Elizabeth's room. "So... Jonathan," she emphasized Jonathan quite alot, "hows your sister settled in?"

"She's doing great. And stop with the 'Jonathan' ok? Charlottes the only one that calls me that."

"Oh alrite." she gave in, "but why didn't you tell us about her?"

"I don't really know. It was kinda personal, and I didn't want to think about her..." he paused. "And..." Elizabeth asked, waiting for the rest of the story.

"It doesn't matter." he smiled at her with hint of 'just drop it' in his tone.

"Ok. Goodnight Jonathan." she joked.

"I'm going to get you for that!" he shouted as he ran to his quarters.

She watched as he went and thought for a minute if having the CO's sister was going to put people in danger. Then she wiped that from her thoughts thinking of how happy he had been seeing her. All this time he had been acting as though something was missing from his life, and know he had found it.

She smiled as she entered her quarters, knowing she would get a good night's sleep knowing that John was happy.....
This story archived at http://www.sheppardweir.com/fanfics/viewstory.php?sid=959